Scrub Account - Duplicate Realized Gain/Loss Transactions

Gregory rollenwiese at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 6 11:47:24 EDT 2013

I'm having an problem wherethe View Lots>Scrub Account function is
adding additional Realized Gain/Loss transactions when I use it. The
newly added gain/loss transactions are slightly different than the older
ones.

Ihave IRA distributions that take place on a quarterly basis. I don't
understand what might be changing over the course of three months that
would lead this function to attempt to recalculate the realized gains on
older transactions? Or why addinga new 'Sell' transaction would affect
the realized gain calcs on older transactions?

Maybe I'm totally misunderstanding how this function should be used?

I'm using Gnucash svn rev 22736 on 2013-06-07 on Linux. PostgreSQL
backend, though I don't think that should matter.

Thanks for any expericence/insight anyone has with this

- Greg