Transactions Report

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Tue Jun 4 19:57:25 EDT 2013

I am entering data for the fy 6/12 to 5/13 period.  My initial
transactions are to post the opening balances from the previous year.  I
am using the General Ledger Selection because I am not taking the funds
from a source account (eg cash).  First when I select the Transactions
Report in the Reports menu, I get none. Then I select accounts: all,
filter: none,dates start of year, end of year.  I confirmed that the
dates are correct under edit>preferences.  I have entered 2 transactions
and I am in the process of entering the third.  Each transaction has
about 10 GL accounts.  Two of the transactions have zero amounts.  1 has
3 amounts.  Of course they are all in balance (especially the ones with
zero amounts  :) ).  In the process I realized that I did not enter all
of the accounts (depreciation contra accts)./  I went back and entered
them.  Now I don't remember where I was in the 3rd transaction, as I
cannot see any of them.

I am sure there is a logical explanation.

John