Selecting a Business/chart of Accounts when starting

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 05:00:18 EDT 2013

On 6/5/2013 3:20 AM, Michael Hendry wrote:
> On 5 Jun 2013, at 01:05, John R. Sowden <jsowden at americansentry.net> wrote:

>>> John,
>>>
>>> If your goal is to have more than one set of books, say My_books,
>>> Moms_books, just create two data files or even 17 different data files.
>>> Then, depending on your OS you can put icons on your desktop then double
>>> click on whichever one you want to work with next.
>>>
>>> David C
>>>

>> worked like a charm!
> That's odd - from previous threads on the list, I'd understood that double-clicking on a GnuCash file icon would open the most recently opened GnuCash file, not the one that had been double-clicked.
>
> Has this behaviour been changed recently?
>
> Michael

No, it has not.  The difference is whether you are looking at the icon
that represents the program or at icons that represent data files.  You
can create an icon to represent any data file such as a document,
spreadsheet, GnuCash file or even a picture of your pet and place it on
your desktop for easy reference.  Since those icons represent data
files, they open the specific data file with the appropriate program.

The procedure that you use to create these data file icons is slightly
different depending on whether you are in Windows, Apple or Linux.

Curiously, the icons that represent data files look almost identical to
the program icons.  I think that they should look different, but I am
not about to learn how to customize the appearance of icons.

David C