Generating a Transaction or General Ledger Report

David J. Bakeman dbakeman at comcast.net
Wed Jun 5 19:38:06 EDT 2013

On 06/05/2013 04:07 PM, Theresa wrote:
> Yes, I did "Select All" and then "Select Children" - the entire list was
> highlighted in a darker shade.  Still nothing.  Perhaps there is another
> setting I've missed when I set up my GnuCash file?  For instance, I find it
> odd that I no longer have any totals in my summary bar???  Hopefully it's a
> quick fix.  Thanks for trying to help me out anyway Michael.  At least now I
> know to "Select Children" when I do finally get things figured out.
I use transaction reports all the time but I guess I've always manually
selected all of the accounts.

What I found is select children only selects the children of the last
account you clicked on.  So when I started a new report select
all/select children just selected the top level account.  If I then
click on assets then select all/select children it selects all of the
top level accounts and the it expands Assets and selects the children.
Then I can scroll down and select Expenses and select all/select
children and it selects all top/the displayed children of assets and it
expands Expenses and selects the children.

This along with selected an appropriate date range should get you something.

P.S. I using gnucash 2.4.13 on linux fedora 18.