Entering transactions that require a currency conversion

Adam Funk a24061 at ducksburg.com
Fri Jun 7 09:00:15 EDT 2013

On 2013-06-05, culmore wrote:

> I am very sure. In fact if I look at the other account after I have entered
> the transaction I can see the corresponding transaction but there is NO
> amount in the currency of that account. Very strange a few minutes ago it
> worked properly for a few transactions now it is not working again.

I've seen this happen with cross-currency transactions in the past,
but mainly when I forgot to fill in the exchange rate.  AFAICT (but I
can't be absolutely sure) it hasn't happened to me since the change so
that tabbing through the split made the exchange rate dialog pop up
automatically.  I say that I can't be sure because I've never been
able to find a way to search for transactions with "blank" amounts.

One thing that still bugs me, though, is that gnucash won't let me
change the foreign amount or exchange rate for a split after it's been
entered (if I was mistaken or change my mind about the exchange rate
or amount) --- I have to delete the split completely and re-enter it.
Can that be fixed?