Quickfill options?

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 15:44:51 EDT 2013

On 6/7/2013 1:47 PM, LaCoff wrote:
> After searching all over, I was afraid that was the answer. Thanks for a
> quick reply!
> On Jun 7, 2013 2:32 PM, "David T. [via GnuCash]" <
> ml-node+s1415818n4662413h99 at n4.nabble.com> wrote:
>
>> Sorry, no.

What I did was to create a scheduled transaction for each item set to
trigger a reminder some number of days early, then each month I adjust
the estimated amount that I have in the scheduled transaction with the
real number when I receive the invoice and I am ready to make the
payment.  I use the trick of entering the word 'Sched' in the
transaction number field when the amount is only an estimate, then I
change the transaction number to the word 'Print' when I enter the
actual numbers.  It gets changed to a check number or something else
when it actually is paid.

David C