Different dates in Expense Voucher

Jonas Lippuner jonas at lippuner.ca
Tue Jun 11 17:49:45 EDT 2013

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your suggestion. I was thinking about doing something
like that if there is not a more elegant way to do it in GnuCash. The
reason why I would like to use Expense Vouchers, if possible, is that
they provide a nice way to collect receipts from a single employee for
a later payment. For example, I can have an open Expense Voucher for
an employee and add new entries for new receipts that I receive and
then later make a single payment that covers expenses for some time
period.

Having an open Voucher would be a good aid in keeping track of
expenses that have not be reimbursed yet. This could also be achieved
with having a separate liability account for each employee, as you
point out.

However, expense vouchers also have the benefit of logically
connecting an expense to a registered employee in GnuCash. This could
also be achieved with a separate liability account, but then I would
have to open an expense voucher for each receipt, which would make it
harder to keep track of un-reimbursed expenses.

For the above reasons I was hoping that there would be (or will be) a
functionality to automatically create a separate transaction for each
entry in an expense voucher, bill, invoice etc.

Thanks again for your quick response.

Best,
Jonas