Split transactions are killing me
edodd at billiau.net
Sat Jun 22 19:14:16 EDT 2013
On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 06:40:02 -0700 (PDT)
musasabi <1musasabi at gmail.com> wrote:
> For the benefit of anyone still looking for answers on this:
> (btw.. will this show up in google search? Or is this a private
> mailing list or something? not sure how it all goes down)
> I was frustrated by exactly the same problems as Will. Drove me
> insane. My entire transaction disappearing when I press ENTER,
> numbers appearing and putting themselves in columns I didnt want them
> to be in...
> But here is what works:
1. Start the transaction in your cheque register, and put in the first
transfer account, and the total, just as if you were doing a normal
2. The worst that happens now is you get a big quantity in imbalance.
3. Open the split for the transaction
4. Now you have the first account name in the dialogue, and a total
against the cheque account. No amount is put against the first split
5. Either use tab or the arrow keys to open up more lines. Gnucash has
its total and will not hijack a line you have already started.
6. As you proceed there will be an unbalanced amount at the bottom.
When that has disappeared, you can press ENTER
7. If you leave some unbalanced, Gnucash will put it in imbalance.
More information about the gnucash-user