General ledger presentation bug

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 09:20:42 EDT 2013

On 25 Jun 2013, at 14:06, jcard21 xxxxxxx <jcard21+gnucash at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 8:53 AM, emekadavid <odimegwudavid at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>> How does one make the general ledger present the double-entry accounting for
>> compound transactions (called split transactions) in such a way that the
>> corresponding account names are shown and not just the description, split
>> transaction? See png file.
>> <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n4662690/split_transaction_no-good.png>
>
> Try the Reports > General Journal , and see if that gives you what you want.
>
> PS: It will be for your whole file.

There is no Reports > General Journal option on my Mac version.

What I do is open the General Journal, use View > Filter By to select the range of transactions I want, and then use Reports > Account Report.

(By default, the General Journal shows only transactions in the last month, but you can Filter it and Sort it using the View menu, as above).

Michael