General ledger presentation bug

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 11:15:14 EDT 2013

On 6/25/2013 9:13 AM, jcard21 xxxxxxx wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Michael Hendry
> <hendry.michael at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There is no Reports > General Journal option on my Mac version.
> My mistake; I meant:
>
> Reports > Assets & Liabilities > General Journal
>
> --
> jcard21

The problem with that report is that it defaults to include every
transaction in the file, which takes forever to generate for many of
us.  Today  the options window for that report is blank on my machine so
I cannot see if it is possible to set a short time window, but if I
recall, that is not a choice.

The only way I have found to see a report of splits for a limited number
of transactions is the report that seems to be failing for Michael on
his Mac.
I think that there may have been some reports that worked in releases
older than 2.4.13, but I am not ready to search old releases.

David C