Zoom Gloom

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Mar 1 06:05:46 EST 2013

Op 01-03-13 02:19, Mike Hopper schreef:
> I am a new user of version 2.4.11 and love how well it is working.
>
> One problem...The interface and account text is too small and I need to zoom in for better accessibility.  Is there a zoom function available??
> If not, is it possible to add a zoom function soon??
>
> Mike Hopper
>
> ——————————
> Mike Hopper
> 21 Greenhills Ct.
> Greenfield, In 46140
> Cell: 317-308-9698

Hi Mike,

GnuCash itself does not allow you to change the size of the fonts used
in the interface. It relies on the system settings for that.

The one thing you can change directly from within GnuCash are the font
sizes used in the reports. For this you go to Edit->Stylesheets. Each of
the stylesheets there allows you to configure custom font sizes.

For changing the size of the interface and account text, there are other
ways depending on your operating system. You didn't say which operating
system you use, so I'll list the options for all that I know (like that
this mail can also be used as a reference for others):

- On linux, GnuCash uses the fonts as defined by the Gnome Control
Panel. So if the fonts are too small on your linux box, you can change
them there. This will update the sizes for all gnome applications, but
if you find the sizes too small on GnuCash, you will likely also find
the sizes too small in the other applications.

- On Windows, GnuCash conveniently ships with a small tool that allows
you to change the theme and fonts used by GnuCash. You will find it
under "Windows Start Menu"->All Programs->GnuCash->Select Theme. The
menu names may be slightly different depending on your system's language
and version.

- On OS X, I don't know how this can be accomplished. If you're using OS
X, I hope someone else can give the necessary details.

I hope this helps,

Geert