Preferred Method to report Commodity Account patch

Paul Conrady audio1953 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 14:45:02 EST 2013

Hello to all,

What is the preferred method to report a patch. Is this message sufficient?
Should I report it at gnucash-devel or bugzilla?

I would like to confirm a GnuCash patch by Bill Burke as described in this
email -
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2010-March/027932.html

This patch allows GnuCash to import the same commodity to multiple asset
accounts.

Background: Presently, GC only allows a commodity (stock, mutual fund,
etc.) to exist in a single account using File->Import->OFX/QFX. For example
- my wife and I have separate IRA retirement accounts, both containing the
mutual fund "Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund". When I import
transactions into my IRA, the transactions are correctly imported into my
account. When I subsequently import transactions into my **wife's** IRA,
the transactions that involve Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund are
incorrectly imported into **my** IRA.

Bill Burke's patch fixes this problem. I recommend the patch be
incorporated into the next release of GnuCash.

Paul Conrady