Any volunteers for extending our support services on Uservoice?

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Sat Mar 2 11:31:09 EST 2013

Am Samstag, 2. März 2013, 07:00:25 schrieb John Ralls:
> On Mar 2, 2013, at 6:30 AM, Christian Stimming <christian at cstimming.de>
wrote:
> > Gnucash has been using the Uservoice service for quite some time by now,
> > see http://gnucash.uservoice.com
> >
> > However, the site offers some more and interesting services that might
> > be very useful for our community as well: Ticket system, Knowledbase
> > Articles, Knowledbase Topics, and probably others I didn't discover so
> > far. Gnucash is subscribed there in a plan that allows using all those
> > services, and also adding as many administrators as we like.
> >
> > Are you interested in improving gnucash's support services? Would you
> > like to try out some of those extra features and make them a real
> > helper for the everyday user questions that arise here or elsewhere?
> >
> > As for myself, I know I don't have much time for gnucash work right now
> > besides occasional development (especially for German online banking).
> > But if you can give it a try to improve gnucash's user support, feel
> > free to drop me a note. I will provide you with the necessary accounts
> > at uservoice and you can just start to work with any of the features
> > that are available there. This would be a big help for our community.
> > Thanks!
>
> Is there some compelling benefit to using Uservoice's facilities instead of
> what we use now -- compelling enough to justify the many hours needed to
> transfer all of bugs from Bugzilla and the Wiki articles to the
> "Knowledgebase"?

I wonder where you read "transferring all bugs from bugzilla and all wiki
articles" in my first message? The uservoice site is meant as an addition to
our current support services, not a replacement.

Having said that, I've recently watched this video:

>UserConf 2012, Kevin Hale – How to Design Software Users Love
>How did Kevin Hale and the rest of the Wufoo team make a 29,561% return for
>their investors? By building customer service into everything, including
>design.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBWFfxE2658

Comparing our current user support with the ideas outlined in that video,
there is clearly plenty of room for improvement. Having someone try out more
of uservoice's features might be one way to improve in that area.

Regards,

Christian