This account register is read-only.

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Mar 5 03:05:02 EST 2013

On Mon 4 March 13 15:43:41 George W, . Scott wrote:
> I keep getting this error message and can not figure out why. I am  the only
> user of the program at this time as I am testing it is running Mac OS X on
> a 3 month old I Mac, any thoughts.

Hi George,

Sounds like you have set a "placeholder" account. You can check the status of
an open register view using the Edit->Edit Account menu item.

 Do you get the message every time that you start GC, or only when opening
certain account registers?

If it is when starting GC, it is probably because you have left the relevant
account register open, and closing it will stop the message each time you
start GC.

HTH,
Maf.