Help with importer needed

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 5 12:51:14 EST 2013

"Scumbuster" <scumbuster at comcast.net> writes:

> Well, if it was learning from previous assignment,s why is it doing it
> across the board to all transactions the way it , regardless of what the
> transaction is?

Depends on the contents of your Bayesian history.  Perhaps there is a
common token that your bank puts in all its descriptions?

> As I said, I need to break out the tax from the item as well.....6 of one,
> 1.2 dozen the other....either way I have to go in and manually do it so I
> would rather do it right at the import versus going back thru my entire
> register to find the accounts that need split.

OFX doesn't do split transactions.  Period.  If you want to import a
split transaction then don't use OFX.  On the other hand, I would never
expect a financial institution to know how you want to record the
transaction.

> If there is a better way to do it I am all ears.

Don't import -- enter your transactions as you create them.