Secure

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 16:32:59 EST 2013

On 3/7/2013 2:57 PM, Colin Law wrote:
> On 7 March 2013 20:39, sunita srichand <sunitasrichand at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is gnucash secure? I have tried looking this info up online but couldn't find an answer. I know all the aggregators like moneydashboard and lovemoney say they are secure, but what I am looking for is no bank login software. Is gnucash right for me?
> What do you mean by is it secure?
>
> Colin
>
>> Also, it would be great if you could advise how to spread my accounts in gnucash and if any functionality has been written to claim receipts.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Sunita

If you want software that does not have the ability to log in to your
bank account, GnuCash does not have that ability unless you specifically
add the online banking feature and configure it with your particular
log-in credentials.

If you want a data file that is encrypted so that only someone who knows
your encryption credentials can open it, the answer is no.  You have to
provide your own external encryption of the data file, which is easy
enough to do, but not from within the program.

David C