is a gnucash API available?

Guus Bonnema gbonnema at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 10 08:54:44 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I have been using GNUCash for a while now. Having a few years of financial
history in GNUCash makes me want to look at the data in different ways. So what
I would like to do is take the data (accounts & transactions) and re-organise
it in my own specific ways.

What I am looking for is a way to get my hands on the transactions and
their connection to accounts.

As far as I can see, there is no export that gives me all the data. There is a
report where I can "cut and paste", but I dont get clean data that way.

So, I have thougth of 2 solutions:

1. Maybe I missed an export of transactions and accounts in one file, like a
cvs file? I couldnt find any.

2. Is there an interface, like an API that I could use from say C++ or even
java?

Just to be complete: I run Ubuntu/KDE with GNUCash on files.

Guus Bonnema.