is a gnucash API available?

Dmitry Vyal akamaus at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 15:02:52 EDT 2013

On 03/10/2013 04:54 PM, Guus Bonnema wrote:

> 2. Is there an interface, like an API that I could use from say C++ or even
> java?
>
> Just to be complete: I run Ubuntu/KDE with GNUCash on files.

Hi,
recently I've started to work on integrating Gnucash with a custom
accounting system. I found sql backend to be quite easy to interact
with. To make use of it in Ubuntu you just need to install
libdbd-sqlite3 (IIRC). The structure is quite straight-forward. I can
share some Haskell snippets to start with, in case you're interested.

Best regards,
Dmitry