Transactions listed in order of data entry

Bob 2000 denbigh1974 at gmx.net
Sun Mar 10 15:27:31 EDT 2013

   Is there any way to obtain a chronological list of transaction entries,
   please?
   I don't mean ordered by the date of the transaction. I mean by ordered
   by the the time the transaction was entered - the first transaction you
   entered would be the first on the list and the most recent transaction
   you entered would be the last on the list.
   I tried to sort a transaction report using 'Register Order' as the
   Primary Key. However, the transactions are still sorted in date order
   when I click on 'Apply'.
   I just want to find out the last entry I made!
   Am I missing something?