Aw: Re: Transactions listed in order of data entry

Bob 2000 denbigh1974 at gmx.net
Sun Mar 10 18:44:06 EDT 2013

   No, you're not missing anything. I don't think there is any way to do
   that. The default sort order is "Post Date", "Number", "Enter Date"..
   There is no way that I know of to sort purely on the Enter Date.
   I have found that the .log file generated by autosave can be opened by
   a text editor. It shows (I think) transactions entered since the last
   autosave, so is a journal tool of sorts.
   I find it curious that an audit trail has not been included in GnuCash.
   I thought that it was a key feature of traceability in accounting?
   The program seems to be highly useful for personal finance. Not sure if
   I would jump in for a small business, though. Still on the learning
   curve, however...