Error Parsing the File

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Mar 12 17:45:53 EDT 2013

I have downloaded your ea2012 file from nabble, presuming that is the
file you have issues with.

I loaded it in GnuCash on my linux machine which quickly reveals there
is one transaction that is missing the trn:date-posted section. And it
is indeed a transaction related to an Opening Balance. On linux, you can
start gnucash from a command line. The failing transaction is printed on
the command line, so it's easy to find this way. This same trick is not
possible on Windows, but possibly the same information can be read from
the trace file generated by GnuCash.

Anyway, I have fixed your file and will send it to you in private if you
can confirm that ea2012.gnucash is the file that needed recovery.

Geert