New Bill - entering a vendor name

denbigh1974 denbigh1974 at gmx.net
Wed Mar 13 08:38:48 EDT 2013

Just to clarify:
I have been using GnuCash *2.2.9* (copy was built from r17949M on
2010-03-23).
This version *does not autofill* customer name.

After a bit of looking around today, I came across this website
https://launchpad.net/~randall-songshu/+archive/gnucash

I added the following to my software sources
   deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/randall-songshu/gnucash/ubuntu lucid main
   deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/randall-songshu/gnucash/ubuntu lucid
main

I then opened Terminal and typed the following instructions one by one
   sudo add-apt-repository ppa:randall-songshu/gnucash
   sudo apt-get update
   sudo apt-get install gnucash

I then ran GnuCash. The version is now *2.4.2* (copy was built from r20253M
on 2011-02-09)
This version *does autofill* customer name, at least on first inspection.

So my immediate problem is solved (although I've yet to discover if I've
created new problems ). Hope that this is of some help to others using
Ubuntu 10.04

If anyone knows of a ppa with GnuCash 2.4.11 for Ubuntu 10.04 then please
could you add a link? Thanks.