about customer & invoice posting

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Mar 19 05:09:48 EDT 2013

On Sun 17 March 13 09:41:44 nir_987 wrote:
> I am using GNUCASH. I am facing some problems. when i create a customer
> invoice and going to post this into account receivables i want to transfer
> this transaction into petty cash account & also my bank account when i want.
> other hand i want to post this transaction into my income>sales account at
> the same time.
> is there any process to do this?

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand your question.

1. Create invoice, post to A/R and in the invoice lines allocate the income to
Income:sales. (both A/R and Income show an increase)

2.  When the customer pays later on, "process payment" and allocate the money
to petty cash or bank in the same way as the money flows in real life. (AR
decreases and cash or bank increase)

The docs probably explain this better than I have.
HTH,
Maf.