back up files?

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 21 17:52:33 EDT 2013

On 21 March 2013 13:15, Arbol One <arbolone at hotmail.ca> wrote:
> I just upgraded to the newest version of GNUCASH in my Win7 machine. GNUCASH leaves a lot of backup files on my desktop, is there a way to change the location of the backup files? thanks

The backup and log files are saved in the same directory as the data
file, which presumably you have saved on the desktop.  If you save the
data file in a different folder then it and the backup files will go
there.  You can use File > Save As to do this.  Once you are sure you
have got the new one saved ok then you can remove the one on the
desktop.  Probably it is a good idea to backup the data file before
doing this just in case.  You should be backing it up regularly anyway
of course.

Colin

Colin