Accounts Receivable payments for taxes

Richard Geddes richardcgeddes at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 02:35:23 EDT 2013

Hello,

Gnucash 2.4.10, Linux.

I've been using the A/R to invoice and generate aging reports without
issues.

When I generate a new invoice, I select an Income Account for each line
of the invoice ( Income:Sales:xxxx - xxxx would be a company for further
breakdown).

As soon as I post the invoice, an entry in the Income:Sales:xxxx account
is created with the date of the invoice.

When I post a payment for an invoice, an entry is created in my bank
account and in the A/R account.

Because there is a lag (up to 2 months) of payment, at the end of the
year, invoices generated in the previous year are paid in the following
year.

When I tag an Income:Sales:xxxx account as tax related, the Tax Report
picks up the invoice dates and sums, not the actual payment dates and sums.

Is there a way to get A/R to generate an entry into Income:Sales:xxxx
when the payment is made or a Tax Report that only considers payments
made on invoices?

Thanks
Richard