Bond prices in GnuCash by means of Valora number?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Mar 23 10:13:31 EDT 2013

On Mar 22, 2013, at 10:22 AM, rsbrux <rsbrux at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
> This site <http://www.finanzen.ch/obligationen/>  not only returns data for
> Valora numbers, but also shows the equivalent ISIN.  So I now have ISINs for
> the securities in question.  Can you recommend one of the existing sources
> in Finance::Quote to retrieve them from using the ISIN?  I have tried a
> half-dozen and have so far gotten either an error message for the particular
> security (and successful retrieval of the others) or Finance::Quote has hung
> completely, and had to be terminated.
> Thanks for your help!

No, I really can't. I generally avoid investing directly in bonds (I prefer low-cost bond ETFs), so I don't have any experience with getting quotes for them.

F::Q hangs are a problem, though. You should file a bug agains F::Q at
http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=Finance-Quote

Regards,
John Ralls