There was an error parsing the file ...

Peter Wilkinson peter at quanglewangle.com
Mon Mar 25 13:32:50 EDT 2013

I haven't searched for this error in the archives: the search page seems to
be broken.

Was using gnu quite happily (for about a year) when today opening a newly
created file I got this error message "There was an error parsing the file
file://C:\Users\peter\Documents\gnucash\pendeen2013.gnucash. " I am using
version GnuCash 2.4.7  svn r20813 on 2011-07-02. I have opened a copy of
the file in Oxygen XML editor and it looks well formed.

Any ideas?

The file is available for inspection but would rather send it to a
particular person, rather than post it on a public mailing list.

Regards

Peter