--add-price-quotes not working

marty poulsen mfpoulsen at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 28 18:20:49 EDT 2013

No, not related Honeybee.  I happen to be running gnucash portable from a flash drive,
which I copy over to my desktop.  I then execute the gnucash portable copy from my desktop. WhenI'm done, I re-copy the desktop directory back to the flashdrive, and delete the desktop directory.

True, depending upon the interpretation of "portable", this can be (theoretically) an extremely dangerous undertaking at first.  But I keep backups, and it in fact this approach seems to work very well.

The advantage is:
1) I'm working off the hardrive, without hammering the flashdrive, which is nominally slower, but also wears out over time.
2) I copy back to the flashdrive when I'm done, and I delete the desktop directory, ensuring that no
financial data remains on my laptop computer.  (The flashdrive goes back into a manila envelope).

regards.

martyp