GNU cash slow to load

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 11:33:35 EDT 2013

On 3/30/2013 8:38 AM, Johannes Kapune wrote:

> Am 30.03.2013 14:29, schrieb Colin Law:
>> On 30 March 2013 12:30, Jamestk <davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I have been using GNU cash for around three months now without issue. The
>>> only slightly worrying aspect is the load times appear to be getting longer
>>> as time moves on.
>> Approximately how long does it take?  Are you talking 20 seconds or 5
>> minutes for example?  You have not given us any clues.
>> What does it say it is doing while it is hanging about?
>> Is the data on the local hard disk?
>>
> you still have opened some reports?
>
>> Colin

GnuCash is just a slow program.  If you watch the splash screen while it
is loading (if you have not disabled it), at the bottom of the screen is
a line telling you what it is doing now.  If it stops changing, that is
a clue.  My file takes the better part of a minute to open on a computer
that is less than a year old.  Do you have a Solitaire program to play
while you are waiting?

David C