Entering Scheduled transactions early

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 05:49:28 EDT 2013

On 31 Mar 2013, at 04:49, prl <prl at ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> David's suggestion was the only one I could think of, too. All my regular income and expenditure scheduled transactions are set to be created 5 days ahead anyway, so I can see them coming up in the register.
>
> Peter

Hi, Peter.

I'm still puzzled as to why you might want to adjust the income from your pension by a couple of days - are you running your finances so close to the edge that what you spend on a Bank Holiday weekend is influenced by your weekly pension arriving a couple of days early?

Assuming you know in advance that your pension will be arriving early on one particular weekend, you could adjust the date on the scheduled transaction as soon as it's been posted - this would have been on Wednesday last week if you're running your scheduled transactions 5 days ahead, or earlier if you posted them further in advance.

I know from bitter personal experience that running personal accounts on a computer comes dangerously close to Obsessive-Compulsive behaviour, with every last penny time-consumingly counted and reconciled…

Michael