Invoices cannot be opened anymore

opentek.ca bill at opentek.ca
Thu May 2 08:13:48 EDT 2013

I'm hoping someone can help with this issue...

I have a GnuCash XML file that i have been happily working from for the last
3 years. Today GnuCash crashed on me and now I cannot access my invoices. I
do have all of the backup files in a directory (many for each day). Those
that are named with the .gnucash extension all exhibit the problem. Those
older files (pre 2.4.x upgrade) with the .xac extension do not exhibit the
problem. The problem is that if I try to search invoices by any criteria I
get no invoices returned. I have verified that the invoice data still exists
in the XML file. I can even see all of the invoice numbers in GnuCash when
looking at the Accounts Receivable account etc. I have also run GnuCash with
the --debug and --extra flags and get no usable error messages in the trace
file.

Any help would be much appreciated...