Trying to create a 24-weekly Scheduled Transaction

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Thu May 2 13:20:25 EDT 2013

On 2 May 2013, at 16:22, Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Michael Hendry <hendry.michael at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I suppose I had made the assumption that GC would be able to work out
>> the day of the week of the first transaction from the start date.
>
> The start date might not imply the starting day.  For example, I might
> have a meeting that starts "today" but only meets every Monday.

In every type of SX other than "Weekly", the Start Date is the date on which the first of a series of transactions will occur - unless you specifically request that a transaction won't take place at a weekend.

In my opinion, the onus should be on the user to specify the day of the week if it is to be on a day (or days) other than the day the Start Date falls on. At the very least, the error message should be adjusted to read "You must specify at least one day of the week for this transaction".

Incidentally, while investigating this problem, I've noticed that there's an inconsistency in the presentation of dates when the mouse pointer hovers over an upcoming SX - it appears in MM/DD/YYYY format although I've specified DD/MM/YYYY. I'll start another thread.

Michael