finding 'names' from transactions

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri May 3 17:02:06 EDT 2013

On May 3, 2013, at 1:33 PM, "John R. Sowden" <jsowden at americansentry.net> wrote:

> when I enter a transaction, under description I can enter a payee, if it is a check.  Is this name stored somewhere?  I tried vendors, employees and another (forget) reports to thy to find.  Is there a way to see 'all'
> in one of those lists?  If I hit find with nothing in the search field I get the reprimand that I need something in the field, but there is no 'all' button.  Looking through transactions to find those written to an entity is very helpful.

If you're using the basic ledger screen, which is the default, then you're most
likely entering it in the "Description" field, which happens also to be the default
in the Edit>Find dialog box.

Vendors, Customers, and Employees are part of the Business subsystem and don't
have much to do with the regular accounting registers.

Regards,
John Ralls