Accounting Treatment of Taxable IRA Distributions

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Sat May 4 04:12:04 EDT 2013

Folks,

  Well it it is finally time that I move money from my IRA to my checking account...

IRA Cash Holdings ---> IRA Distributions(Taxable)
IRA Distributions(Taxable) ---> Checking Account

The IRA Distributions(Taxable) account is an Income Account, correct? How do I
get the money that is transferred to it to show as such.

When I attempt to move money from the IRA Cash Holdings account to IRA
Distributions(Taxable) it shows up there as a Charge not as Income. Why?

I am Running 2.4.10 on Ubuntu 12.04-4

Cheers,
Jay
--