Can't resize window

Galileo Sanchez galileopy at gmail.com
Sun May 5 01:40:12 EDT 2013

Dustin Henning <The00Dustin <at> gmx.net> writes:

> Assuming you are on Windows:  Try right clicking the icon on the taskbar,
> click resize, tap an arrow key on the keyboard to bring the title bar
under
> the mouse on screen, move the mouse to the desired point and click to
> release.  At this point, you can click and drag from a top corner of the
> window to resize toward the bottm part that is cut off and then drag the
> window up.  You can repeat the resize and drag as necessary until the
window
> is down to size on screen.

Behalf Of
> carpetnailz <at> researchintegration.org
> Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2012 14:46
> To: gnucash-user <at> gnucash.org
> Subject: Can't resize window
>
> My GnuCash window is opening too tall for my screen. When I try to resize
> it, instead of the cursor arrow grabbing the edge and letting me drag to a
> new size, a dialog window keeps opening. This has a 'resize'
> option, but it only seems to work horizontally--it's not letting me shrink
> the vertical size of my window. How can I fix it so I can see the heading
> bars/menus etc at the same time I see the bottom entry in the register?

It seems this is an old thread, however it's the only reference I can find
about this problem, I have the same problem now, I was working just fine
until an hour ago, it started when I tried to edit a scheduled transaction
then I realized that the bottom part, where the buttons (Accept)(Cancel)
(Apply) should be, was no reachable. After that, the satus bar has gone
missing and I was no longer able to resize the window, (shrink it
vertically), so I can see it again. I've tried different ways to resize it
with no success. I'm running it on a Fedora 18 with Gnome 3. I already
loggued out and restarted the system in case the glitch is due to some
missconfig in the wm, I also tried to resize the window in fallback mode,
but it seems that the windows size is hardcoded, (I know this is not the
case because I was able to resize the window before).

Galileo Sanchez