Can't resize window

Paul Conrady audio1953 at gmail.com
Tue May 7 12:59:30 EDT 2013

Galileo Sanchez wrote

Galileo:

I had the same problem a while ago. The cause of the problem was a Commodity
symbol was longer than 256?? characters. The solution was to shorten the
length of the offending symbol, which allowed the GnuCash window to resize
properly. (I have no idea why the length of a commodity symbol would effect
the GUI, but it does.)

Try this: In GnuCash, go to Tools>Security Editor, display the Symbols
column (if need be) by clicking the orange down arrow at the rightmost
column, expand the hierarchy of commodities. Look for an excessively long
symbol. Edit it to a shorter length.

Here is some more information:
http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Large-window-size-Upgrade-issue-td1433276.html

-----