GnuCash config files location (again)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed May 8 11:14:50 EDT 2013

David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com> writes:

> I believe that the custom reports are tied to the data file filename so
> if you change the filename now and then the reports would disappear
> unless you make the filename change by using the GnuCash 'Save as...'
> feature.

Alas, I do not believe this is correct.  They custom report
configurations are stored in a per-user config-file (I believe
~/.gnucash/custom-reports-<vers>).  However, they can contain
datafile-specific configurations.  What this means is that if you rename
your datafile the custom reports should remain.  However, if you open a
new datafile (B) your custom reports for the original datafile (A) will
still be in the menu, and if you run them they will not work properly.