Support for Chinese font in English Gnucash

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri May 10 10:21:30 EDT 2013

On May 9, 2013, at 7:33 PM, coolnodje <coolnodje at gmail.com> wrote:

> Apologies, copy-pasting Chinese characters does work with 2.4.13. Previously,
> I just had "square" instead of characters with 2.4.10.
>
> Direct input doesn't work though, Chinese characters have to be copy pasted.

Gnucash is already in UTF-8 and has been ever since Gtk switched to that several years ago.
The "square" characters just mean that the font you are using doesn't have glyphs for the
code points you want to display. You can change that font using styles; there's a good summary
at https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GTK%2B
Gnucash uses Gtk-2.0

As for inputting chinese, you need to enable an input module. See https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Internationalization
for some more information.