Question Regarding Equity:Opening Balance

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Sun May 12 09:19:14 EDT 2013

I added a new savings account, and transferred $2000 from my existing
savings account to start this new account. I now have two savings accounts
and one checking account. I created a transaction to take money from my old
savings account to the new savings account as a transfer. However,
shouldn't I have used an  equity account (opening balances) somehow? When I
run a balance sheet report, the new savings account does not show up under
equity, just in the assets section.

Thanks,

Mark