Enter trans. in register problem

amenditman amenditman at gmail.com
Mon May 20 13:14:16 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am experiencing a strange problem.

When I am entering a transaction in an account journal it is duplicating the
entry with an opposite charge.
Essentially, cancelling my entry.

Example

01/27/2013   POS   Newegg     Assets Cash on Hand    Spend 52.99  <ENTER>

When I press the enter key, the transaction appears right in the register as
I have entered it.
But another transaction also shows up at the same time.

01/27/2013   POS  Newegg  Assets Cash on Hand   Receive 52.99.

Which if I delete the second, the first is also deleted.

Obviously, I have accidentally hit some magic key combo without knowing it.
How do I get this to go back to the default settings?
I have looked all over the Preferences for the account and for GnuCash, no
luck finding anything which sounds like this.
What do you even call this weird behavior?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Bob P.