Splitting large Gnucash File

ajay trivedi aitrivra at msn.com
Thu May 23 14:48:32 EDT 2013

Hi
I need to split my personal gnucash file which contains transactions for over 10 years into two or more files.It takes too long to load on my netbook with windows 7 and 1 Gb RAM running Gnucash 2.4.11I came across a thread in this List pointing to a jGnucashLib splitter plug-in for this.I am not a IT person, and after downloading and unzipping jGnucashEditor-src-2.0.26 in downloads folder, I cannot figure out how to run it and what to run. Could a member help me with a step by step procedure to get to the GUI of the splitter? I can take it up from then onwards.I realize maybe I should go to a jGnucashLib forum - but this is an undocumented Gnucash related problem, and I hope its solution here will help other Gnucash users as well.Many Thanks.ait