HTML/CSS invoice report, written in Python/Mako

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Fri May 24 01:25:12 EDT 2013

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 12:15:14 -0400
Jeff Laughlin <jeff.laughlin at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's the idea. There's certainly room for improvement. I hard coded
> some data that COULD be pulled from GnuCash, like the account info and
> comments. An HTML/CSS wizard could beautify it. But I think it's
> usable now. It pulls out the job and customer info and all the invoice
> entries which is really the important stuff.

I still did not fully solve my problem to have ability to tweak/customize GC reports
(mostly invoices) easily using Python.

In the meantime tried looking at some other 'solutions' (e.g. Tryton),
seems to be an overkill 'cause GC already provides almost everything in
a very user-friendly way. There are, of course, 3rd party PHP web apps
doing invoicing/quoting which are very handy for e.g. freelance work,
but that means using another app which does half of the job which is
anyway done by GC.

I did post on dev list about it and wonder what do you think about combining
your work and this attempt: https://github.com/loftx/gnucash-rest to have
python-based invoice generation in GC?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Even if you are considered to be the most sinful of all sinners,
when you are situated in the boat of transcendental knowledge