Embedding reports in accounts file

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat May 25 10:22:16 EDT 2013

On May 25, 2013, at 5:39 AM, Yann Salmon <ys1.pg.ext at free.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am currently building an account hierarchy and a set of reports that I
> would like to distribute to several people that are neither accountants
> nor very computer savvy.
>
> What bothers me is that personalised reports are stored in a preferences
> file local to my computer, and it seems difficult to distribute them.
>
> Is there a means to somehow embed or bundle personalised reports in/with
> the account hierarchy file ?
> I am trying to trying to supply my friends with a simple "open the given
> file and start working" scheme.

No, sorry. The more common use-case is to have several account files for which
one wants to run the same custom report, so that's what we support.

I suggest writing a little installer script to distribute. It can handle both the account file
and the custom report files. Just don't put the account file into ~/.gnucash!

Regards,
John Ralls