Dividing accounts in multiple branches

Dieter dieter1989 at hotmail.com
Wed May 29 06:16:54 EDT 2013

Thanks for the fast reply,

I realize that this isn't the common method of double bookkeeping.
But in Belgium this type of bookkeeping on a farm is required, if you wish
to receive financial support from the government/EU (which most farmers need
if they want to survive).
This is also stated on the website of Flanders government (part of Belgium):
http://lv.vlaanderen.be/nlapps/docs/default.asp?fid=221 OR translated:
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Flv.vlaanderen.be%2Fnlapps%2Fdocs%2Fdefault.asp%3Ffid%3D221&act=url

2: Profitability of individual sectors (crops, cattle, pigs,...) again to
support reasoned decisions,
3: Technical results (milk/cow; %fat in milk; feed conversion of pigs;...)
4: prerequisite to enjoy the Flemish Agricultural Investment (VLIF)
Investment.

It's a different type of bookkeeping, it contains for example: fictive rent
income for land you own and use yourself; fictive intrest on value of
property which hasn't depreciated yet (idea: if you wouldn't have made the
investment, the remaining value would provide certain intrest if the money
was on the bank, this is NOT similar to a loan you have to pay); and at last
fictive payroll (the farmer works on his farm but puts more work in cattle
than in pigs, thus the fictive payroll (as expense) on  cattle will be
larger than on pigs).
It may seem strange but it's quite logical if you actually try to apply it.

Now I'm searching for (free) software other than excel macros... and I was
wondering whether I could implement it in a double bookkeeping system.

I still have to study your answer, will provide a reply if it leads to a
good solution.
In the meantime, if there are more suggestions, please provide.

kind regards,
Dieter