Need help (seriously) parsing gnucash data file

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed May 29 06:39:42 EDT 2013

Hi Len,

I'm not sure I understand you correctly when you say you have now "subscribed to the
development list". Did you use the website I pointed out to you ? There are several mailing
lists to subscribe to, but the one for your needs is "gnucash-user" (not "gnucash-devel" which
I would interpret as being the development list).

Once you have subscribed, "posting a message" is as simple as sending an e-mail. But
instead of sending it to me directly, you send it to "gnucash-user at gnucash.org".

You will receive replies in the form of e-mails as well. One tell-tale sign you received a mail
from the list is that it has a footer appended with information on the list itself.

When you want to reply to a message you received from the list, you should make sure the
reply is also sent to the list and not to me or another correspondent in private. You can do
this by using the "reply to all" or "reply to list" features of your e-mail program.

That's how e-mail (or mailing) lists work. You just send e-mails to the proper e-mail address :)

Now on to your actual problem: it looks as if your gnucash installation is corrupt. The program
gives errors trying to load a file that is shipped with the program itself. So you will first have
to take a step back and reinstall the gnucash program.

In parallel to that, what is the complete name of the data file you are trying to open (including
the extension) ?

Geert