Deleting old set of books

David Both david at both.org
Wed May 29 08:57:38 EDT 2013

I have two old sets of books that I have used for testing certain entries for my
business books. I also have two sets of real books, one for my business and one
for my personal finances.

I have finished with one of the sets of test books and would like to delete that
set of books. I can find no way to do that.

Question 1: Can anyone tell me how to delete a set of books?

Also, having used GnuCash for over 13 years, I have many old transactions
hanging around.

Question 2: Is there any way to prevent display of transactions that are more
than, say, 2 years old, or some other arbitrary age, while still maintaining the
integrity of the books? This would also require some way to access older
transactions if required for some reason.

Thanks all for a great program!

"I'd put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don't have to wait until oil and coal run out before we tackle that."
  - Thomas Edison, in conversation with Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone, 1931