Columns missing from budget setup

ambler ambler at shaw.ca
Wed May 29 15:56:06 EDT 2013

I'm new here. Been using Quickbooks for years, now changing to gnucash on
Linux Mint 9 and struggling to learn how.

I've created a set of accounts to play with but when I try to create a
budget there are no columns in which to enter amounts. I know what the
screen should look like because I did see the columns on an earlier,
not-saved, trial. I see other posts about missing columns but haven't been
able to find the solution so far. Any & all help appreciated; Thanks.