Can you send gnucash file to accountant?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Wed May 29 16:25:00 EDT 2013

At Wed, 29 May 2013 13:14:49 -0700 (PDT) vitaeterna <russelljones365 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have gnucash for Windows.  I tried sending the file to myself, as a test,
> and when I tried to open it I got the message:  "No suitable backend was
> found for file://C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary
> Internet Files\Content.IE5\U8BQ5YXJ\myname.gnucash.gcm."
>
> It saved as filename.gnucash.gcm
>
> Is there a way to do this?

You might do better to generate one (or more) reports as HTML files (or
printed to PDF files) and send these to your accountant.

If your accountant uses Gnucash, it should be possible to send the gnucash
file to him/her and he/she should be open it with gnucash.  Whether it would
be necessary to save the file and then open it via the File=>Open menu is a
separate issue.