Can you send gnucash file to accountant?

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Wed May 29 18:00:37 EDT 2013

Hi,

On 2013-05-29, at 16:14, vitaeterna <russelljones365 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have gnucash for Windows.  I tried sending the file to myself, as a test,
> and when I tried to open it I got the message:  "No suitable backend was
> found for file://C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary
> Internet Files\Content.IE5\U8BQ5YXJ\myname.gnucash.gcm."

Not sure what a .gcm file is. By default GnuCash saves files as .gnucash. Try this:

Open your original GnuCash file.

Use File, Save As... to save a copy to your thumb drive or wherever.

While saving, make sure you select the 'XML' file type.

Take the new file and open it with GnuCash on whichever computer.

If it doesn't open let us know the specifics again.

HTH,

Yawar