****Probably SPAM**** (5.001) Re: Deleting old set of books

David Both david at both.org
Fri May 31 07:09:22 EDT 2013

   Thank you. That did work.

   On 05/31/2013 05:30 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:

   On Wednesday 29 May 2013 09:27:29 David Both wrote:

   > Thanks for your quick response. See my responses below.

   > On 05/29/2013 09:18 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:

   > On Wednesday 29 May 2013 08:57:38 David Both

   > wrote:

   > > I have two old sets of books that I have

   > used for testing certain entries

   > > for my business books. I also have two

   > sets of real books, one for my

   > > business and one for my personal

   > finances.

   > > I have finished with one of the sets of

   > test books and would like to delete

   > > that set of books. I can find no way to

   > do that.

   > > Question 1: Can anyone tell me how to

   > delete a set of books?

   > Hi David,

   > A set of books is just a file on your

   > computer. So you delete it just like you delete any other

   > file: use your file manager to locate the book on your PC and then

   > delete it/move it to your trash.

   > I have tried this in the past and deleted the files that start with

   > the name of the set of books I wished to delete from ~/GnuCash. The

   > files are gone, but the choices still remain in the "Files" menu

   > along with my current sets of books. I am using Fedora 18 and GnuCash

   > 2.4.13.

   I was already afraid that's what you really meant... ;)

   What you see in the file menu is a "Most Recently Used" list. Many
   applications have it and most applications have no way for you to edit
   it and will have stale entries in there. The only difference with
   GnuCash is that you usually only create very few "GnuCash files", so
   the list seems to be static.

   Anyway, since this question pops up more frequently than I care
   replying to it, I decided to make it a FAQ:

   [1]http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_I_have_deleted_a_gnucash_file_fr
   om_my_computer._How_can_I_remove_that_file_from_the_File_menu.27s_short
   _list_as_well_.3F

   You will find the solution by clicking on the link above :)

   Geert

"I'd put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we
 don't have to wait until oil and coal run out before we tackle that."
 - Thomas Edison, in conversation with Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone, 1931